Paranthas have been an Indian breakfast staple since forever. They are one of the most popular unleavened flatbread in northern India. A huge variety of plain or stuffed parathas are being made in India but the most common is «Aloo Parantha »
Veg Parantha is a healthy breakfast option where only vegetable juices are used to knead the dough(no water is used). Dieticians are happily prescribing this Paratha as a breakfast option.
Ingredients ( for 10 pieces)
1 & 3/4 cup Wheat flour
1/4 cup wheat flour for dusting
1/2 cup each of lauki , carrot & cabbage
1/2 tsp green chillies, finely chopped
1/2 tsp ginger, finely chopped
Salt — to taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric / haldi
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1/2 tsp dry mango pd./ chaat masala
1. Grate all vegetables.
2. Add grated vegetables to a bowl.
3. Add green chillies & ginger
4. Add salt, red chilli pd., Garam masala, turmeric pd. & dry mango powder .
5. Mix well
6. Add wheat flour, knead the dough
7. Add little water if needed
8. Knead a smooth and soft dough
9. Let it rest for 10 minutes
10. Take a ball sized dough, dust with flour, roll round & evenly.
11. Heat tawa on moderate
12. Put rolled Parantha on hot tawa, cook for a minute, flip over.
13. Apply 1 tsp oil on each side of Parantha, cook from both the sides.
14. Serve hot with butter, curd, green chutney and pickle